Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   charles woodson is an overpaid porta-potty (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=9975)

tony hipchest 08-29-2006 03:21 PM

charles woodson is an overpaid porta-potty

and he will get shit and pissed on all year. i cant believe green bay wasted money on this over hyped/ never delivered fool. i cant understand how oakland was stupid enough to slap a franchise tag on him and pay him like a top 5 cb, for what? 2 years? he's 1 rung below t.o. if you ask me. atleast t.o. will deliver on the field.

BlackNGold203 08-29-2006 03:26 PM

Re: charles woodson is an overpaid porta-potty

perfect fit for the worst team in the NFL....

I'd take Ohio State...and lay 3.5 to the Packers.....

Ambridge 08-29-2006 03:32 PM

I believe Good 'Ole Brett lobbied the Packers FO to bring Woodson to Green Bay.
That was a smart move.:rolleyes:

After "Up-Chuck" signed his contract with the Packers he then decides not to show up for the OTA's and the mini-camps.

tony hipchest 08-29-2006 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackNGold203 (Post 142167)
perfect fit for the worst team in the NFL....

I'd take Ohio State...and lay 3.5 to the Packers.....

you would think retaining an o-lineman, or getting a decent wr to go alongside d. driver would be more helpful than reaching for an over rated, refusing to show up to camp and practice bum. i still say hes a flop who rode the coat tails of his heisman into the nfl. he was best when woodson was their to pick up his slack. wasnt he supposed to be a 2-way threat? :poop:

silver & black 08-29-2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 142162)
and he will get shit and pissed on all year. i cant believe green bay wasted money on this over hyped/ never delivered fool. i cant understand how oakland was stupid enough to slap a franchise tag on him and pay him like a top 5 cb, for what? 2 years? he's 1 rung below t.o. if you ask me. atleast t.o. will deliver on the field.

I can't disagree with you on that. I never understood the franchise tag on him. All he did was sit on the bech and collect $20,000,000 for two years!

He never watched film or studied any of the recievers he was supposed to cover. He thought he could get it done on talent alone... and he did for a couple of years, after that, he was nothing but an expensive, injury prone, average CB.

I was more than happy to see him go... bye,bye, Chuck! I hope the Pack has better luck with him, but I seriously doubt it!

Motley Nate 08-30-2006 04:07 PM

Charles Woodson looked like a Pop Warner player out on the field on Monday. Green Bay is in deep if they need to depend on him.

CantStop85 08-30-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motley Nate (Post 142589)
Charles Woodson looked like a Pop Warner player out on the field on Monday. Green Bay is in deep if they need to depend on him.

They're in deep if they need to depend on any guy on that roster.

BlackNGold203 08-30-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantStop85 (Post 142665)
They're in deep if they need to depend on any guy on that roster.

:iagree:

Froggy 08-30-2006 07:10 PM

And they're going to have to lean on Brett Farve. Farve could set a record for picks that will never be broken this season, which is sad because he's one of the best to ever play the position.