Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   New Member (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=99897)

robnitt 08-19-2013 08:52 PM

Long time Steeler fan and visiter to this great site, I just decided to become a member. A few observations:

1) Ike Taylor has not looked good this pre season, I hope we don't regret not signing Keenan Lewis.

2) The OL is worrisome because guys are getting beat one on one so the pass/run scheme doesn't matter.

3) I think Sanders will have a better year than Brown

4) Dwyer is the best RB thus far, but needs to hold on to the ball

5) I know it is only pre season, but after watching other pre season games, the Steelers offense seems outdated and predictable

Sharkissle29 08-19-2013 08:53 PM

Re: New Member

The offense looks like it is on repeat from last year. I forget what year it was, but I remember one pre-season we looked awful but ended up being pretty good.

Hoping they put it together during the season...

Hawaii 5-0 08-19-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robnitt (Post 1157972)
Long time Steeler fan and visiter to this great site, I just decided to become a member.

welcome, it's about time you came out of the closet...:drink:

SteelersCanada 08-19-2013 09:07 PM

Welcome to the board! I apologize in advance for the 'doom and gloom' you're going to read tonight. Sorry, some people read too much into preseason games. I mean, I don't know how it's possible to read anything into our offense as we're showing the basic, vanilla plays.

Reading anything into the games so far is a huge mistake.

steeltheone 08-19-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robnitt (Post 1157972)
Long time Steeler fan and visiter to this great site, I just decided to become a member. A few observations:

1) Ike Taylor has not looked good this pre season, I hope we don't regret not signing Keenan Lewis.

2) The OL is worrisome because guys are getting beat one on one so the pass/run scheme doesn't matter.

3) I think Sanders will have a better year than Brown

4) Dwyer is the best RB thus far, but needs to hold on to the ball

5) I know it is only pre season, but after watching other pre season games, the Steelers offense seems outdated and predictable

It's sorta easy being the best back so far when the rest are injured.

robnitt 08-19-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeltheone (Post 1158032)
It's sorta easy being the best back so far when the rest are injured.

One of the characteristics of being an NFL player and receiving playing time is being available.

harrison'samonster 08-19-2013 10:08 PM

welcome to the board! I wouldn't put too much on what the offense has done. Like Ben said on the sidelines, the Steelers aren't going to show much in preseason. Dwyer has looked good, but he gets a couple of good runs then coughs up the ball. Is it conditioning? Howling looked better to me.