View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default NFL Combine so far -up to day 2

O Line--------------------------------------------------------

Well almost 2 days in i've had some new observations from the players I liked and Silatolu emerged as a guy I really liked.

Cordy Glenn is pretty damn good but as a tackle. He still could play guard but he seems real natural at right tackle. Strong with over 30 bench presses and a good 40 time. Mike Mayock had him in his top 5 Tackles list. Could play Guard first then force Colon out over time, although as a Guard would probably be better on the right side and not the pulling Guard we need.

Amini Silatolu G -Now this is the pulling left guard the Steelers could use and could very well be available in the 2nd round. Brian Billick said Silatolu looked by far the most precise in his drills. Very Athletic but from a small school. Strong with over 30 bench reps.

Kelechi Osemele, OT/G -Mayock's opinion is he's a mauler good in a phone booth type of Guard. Not great in space and pulling. Therefore not the pulling G the team needs but a mauler at RG or RT for sure.

Lucas Nix of Pitt did not impress me.

A personal dark horse I liked named Josh Oglesby, OT, Wisconsin who is a mammoth of a man looked awkward and slow and probably won't get drafted.

They had some nice things to say about Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California.

Wide Receivers---------------------------------------------------

Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor did not run all that fast but is a big time playmaker and could be a candidate to replace Wallace if he leaves. 108 passes for 1,663 yards and 14 touchdowns is the kind of production the Steelers like from recent draft picks at WR.

Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers -another solid WR who makes tough catches.

Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech is insanely fast for 6'4"

Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian State 6" 4" was in the 4.4's for his 40.

Lots of candidates this year for another Steeler's wide out even with Wallace on the roster or certainly if we lose him as well.

Did not follow the Tight Ends too much although did notice a H-back Fullback type named

Emil Igwenagu 6"1" 245 who had a lot of production catching and blocking at Umass. He would be more of a Fullback then a tight end and has great hands and play making ability after the catch. A Fullback who can catch greatly would be an instant improvement over David (I need to make a catch to run out the clock against the ravens, Oops I dropped it) Johnson.

very good article on Igwenagu

http://www.masslive.com/umassfootbal...wenagu_ma.html

Tomorrow is the Defensive Lineman and Linebackers!
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote