View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,446 Times in 1,628 Posts
Default Re: NFL Combine so far -up to day 2

The more I saw at the combine, the more I am satasfied that we dont need to spend a 1st round pick on an O lineman. If something happened that Jonathan Martin fell to us....take him in a heartbeat, but I doubt that happens. (Many thought Brian Bulaga would not be around when we picked and he was)

Cordy Glenn- impressive, but still not sure if he is a better OG or RT.

Kevin Zeitler- looked the part of a guy going between the 30th and 60th pick.

Kelechi Osemele- big frame, long arms, good kick slide. Mayock thinks he is a "grabber" same thing he said of Mike Iupati. My hope is we get him in the 2nd round.

Amini Silatolu- moves well, bends well at the knees and apparantly has a mean streak. I think a decent 2nd to 3rd round pick. Competition is the only question mark on him.

Mitchell Schwartz- big, long arms, a bit heavy footed, but reminds me of a younger Jon Runyan. Solid RT that I would love to get in the 3rd.

Philip Blake- good athlete, solid base, balanced footwork. Nice option to play G/C if he is there in the 3rd or later.

Senio Kelemente- a bit short to play LT, but athletic and nasty. think he moves inside to guard or plays RT like Willie Colon does.

Bobbie Massie looked good too, but seemed a bit akward in the pulling guard drill. Could be a great LT prospect in a couple years.

Nate Potter- great athlete, good technique, but just a bit light and not sure of his run block ability.

I am fine going with an ILB or NT in the 1st if we can get one, then there will be interior linemen and an OT prospect in rounds 2-4.