View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 08:03 AM   #3
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Man, the Pirates radio announcers are AWFUL!

While it's been a while since I've listened to the Pirates on the radio, I believe your talking about Greg Brown? I'm not all that crazy about him personally. Pretty dry if you ask me. TV broadcasts here are much better. While being a complete homer, Lanny Frattare calls the game well and with great enthusiasm.

Since we are the topic of announcers, I've noticed for the last four years that Penguins play-by-play announcer Mike Lang has started to slip. The guy goes off on rants and stories for ten minutes at a time. He's oblivious to who got a penalty and for what reason. Back in the day he used to ring off players names and stats from twenty years ago. Useful information while also being able to tell you what's going on in the game that is currently being played. There were strong rumors that before this past season began the Penguins FO was strongly debating on giving him a new contract.

The one guy I would love to see take over Lang's spot is Paul Steigerwald (Penguins radio). Talk about a guy that knows the game inside and out, calls the game with enthusiasm and is on top of his game. If your a Penguin fan and if you haven't yet, listen to one game on the radio and you will see what I'm talking about when it comes to Paul Steigerwald.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 05-13-2006 at 08:26 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote