Re: Starkey: Hines a Steelers legend
A great read, and all true. My favorite Hines memories/images:
- The picture of him standing over the Bengals defender, right in his face.
- Of course, skipping into the end zone after hauling the rock in from El to clinch SB40. I'll never forget the pure joy of that moment.
- Any number of bone-crushing blocks over the years (Ed Reed? Keith Rivers?)
- The TD just before the half in Denver, 05-06, to put us up big going into the locker room.
- And the final great on-field moment Hines had in a Steeler uniform: last year, down 21-3 with time running down in the first half of the Super Bowl, good ol' 86 made a big catch to set up a score, and then got that score himself in the corner of the end zone to put us back in the game.
I think I speak for everyone when I say, now that this "business" has been carried out (and I agree with the move), it is time to remember one of the greatest to ever put on the black and gold.