View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Bires: Business is business, so Ward has to go

Also bye bye to Aaron Smith who is another of my favorite players. I defended him to the max the past couple of years but he is obviously done. Farrior's age is showing big time. Harrison is getting up there in age as is Hampton. Both have missed major time due to injuries over the past couple years. Although they will be here for another year at least I see both of them gone by next year or the year after that. It is a business and keeping old washed up players does not make good business sense. There are a lot of good young players waiting in the wings and I think the likes of Heyward, Gilbert, Worilds (yes, I am one who thinks he will be a good player) Sylvester, Baron Batch and others (names escape me now) will be household names soon enough. Contrary to popular belief by those on these boards who give no one a chance if they are not pro bowlers by their second season, the Steelers draft players who fit their mold and give them a year or two to learn the system. It is a system that works.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote