View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 05:12 AM   #19
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148
Default Re: Steelers won't use Franchise-Tag on Wallace

As good as Wallace is , he is NOT in the elite WR class yet. He may be close but he has a ways to go before he gets to the level of Fitz, Andre Johnson or Megatron (to those that think Marshall is as good you really need to take some meds, I think you hit your head on a wall)
Wallace is definitely not worth the 9.4 million franchise tag number. With D.Jackson getting franchised and Welker on his way to being franchised this may may it harder for us to re sign him, it will over inflate what he thinks he is worth.
If Wallace is smart he will sign long term here and soon but we cannot and must not get into a silly bidding war for his services, the F.O has done pretty well drafting WR in later rounds and we will be ok if he goes.
TBH I can't really see another team giving up a 1st round pick and the big money to sign him. The Cheats are franchinsing Welker so I cant really see them ding it , even with 2 1st round picks. the Ratbirds will have to contend with Rice and are expected to franchise him, not to mention having to re sign Flucco to big money, so I really don't think it would be them. The niners are the only possibility and maybe the Giants.
My guess he will still be here. and for something like 6 mil per season.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote