View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: Can someone summarize the recent roster moves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
The Wallace episode has been determined for days now. Steelers offered enough to make any other suitor that out bids us give up their first round pick. A few teams have the cap space and picks to make a move for him. I am sure the front office has a "ballpark" figure of what Wallace and his agent want, if it is doable then I expect us to make it happen, if not they will take the 1st rounder and do what the Steelers have done best and use it to help the team.

If this happens it will not be the first time the Steelers have let what appeared to be a top notch talent leave. Chad Brown, Levon Kirkland, Rod Woodson, and Joey Porter to name a few. Wallace and his speed may never be replaced, speed that cause opposing defenses trouble and demands double coverage. His drops and lets say less than stellar route running keeps him from being a top three receiver in the league. Brown, Sanders, and Crotchery (if signed) and hopefully some Steeler magic picks in later rounds will fill in nicely. Lets not forget Wallace, Brown and Sanders were all 3rd round or later picks.

As much as I love Wallace in a Steeler uniform, the team cannot break the bank on him. We have other needs now and quality wrs can be found in later rounds if the organization does its homework. Note: the day we drafted Sweed I guess the dog ate our homework. Never have I been so disappointed in a drafted player by the Steelers, Sweed had star written on him but I must have left my glasses somewhere.
Chad Brown is the only example...Kirkland got to heavy and Porter was older...When we cut older players at 32,,,Brown was behind a loaded contract with Lloyd.