View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #19
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default Re: Post Combine Mock Draft (w/ options)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I just think Stephen Hill is a gamble we dont need to take. Can draft a much more accomplished WR in round #2 with Marvin Jones from California. Also can look to Free Agency for a guy like Early Doucet, Cotchery, Eddie Royal, etc for depth.

You can go get Larry Fitzgerald and Ben cant throw it to him from his back if there is no improvement in the O line to protect him, or establish a run game to keep defenses from knowing its pass all the time.
I agree with you that Stephen Hill is a gamble. I am turned off a bit on Hill after hearing comments from his own fans at Georgia Tech about his inconsistency. So how would you feel about WR Kendall Wright? This guy is like a cross between Steve Smith, Hines Ward, and Santonio Homes sans the penchant for Mary Jane. Wright would be your more accomplished receiver by far.

And no doubt we need to improve and draft great to fill all those areas you mentioned, but I'm just saying if we lose Wallace and that is a big if, we can't squander a first round talent at WR and hope we hit the position with lesser guys later. We could lose Wallace as late as April 20th giving us no time and no one to find as a free agent replacement.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote