View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448
Default Re: Don't Be Too Concerned If We Don't Sign Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentGold007 View Post
Ask Antonio Brown, who benefits alot from the double-teams Mike Wallace draws, how much he'll be concerned if we don't sign Wallace. Brown is an excellent #2 receiver, but only time will tell if he can shoulder the load without Wallace.

We've heard this before, and I don't think there is really much validity to this at all. Look at the top receivers in the league, and then look at the #2's on those teams. Find one that has better stats or who you would think would make a better #1 receiver on this team. I'm taking Brown 10/10 times. If we won SB's with Hines and Holmes being #1's then there is no reason to think we can't with Brown. I think Brown will be as good as Holmes was as our #1. He makes all the tough catches, can make plays after the catch which safeties have to respect, and runs crisp clean routes. And if Brown starts trailing off like Wallace did then Sanders, Cotch, or whoever steps up.

Having a shot to legitimately shore up our O-line or revamp the defense at this point is a no-brainer. Ben will only have so many more years of being able to scramble around.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote