View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default Re: The latest Drafttek Mock (3/11/12)

A lot of small school guys on that list. Bill Cowher seemed to have the penchant to draft those guys but in the Tomlin era more often then not they like that instant pedigree of a big school player and I do too.

There's only 2 guys on that mock I would want and that's Hightower and Baptiste.

We may very well end up with Brandon Washington but hopefully Osemele, Zeitler, or Silatolu all rated higher fall to us in the 2nd instead.

McCants is a major project and his size would preclude him from playing anything else on the line. The Steelers would prefer a bigger size guy who can move into the G position as well as play right or left tackle. If they believe Gilbert is their left tackle for the next 10 years they wouldn't draft a pure left tackle prospect like him.

I've always liked Baptiste as a 3rd round pick and the guy is getting no pub at all and wasn't at the combine, so he could easily fall to 4 or even later. But if we like him why take a chance on losing him.

Green the TE will be gone in round 3-4 and I don't see the Steelers changing style for a smallish TE that is strictly a receiver.

I would bet my house and my child we won't be taking a QB. We believe in Troy Smith and either Byron or Charlie. Lindley is terrible anyway. 52.5% completion playing at San Diego State.

Don't know much about Creer except he would be another slow back on the roster 4.59 40 time. I really do see the Steelers picking up a fast back in this draft but it would have to be higher then 7. I like RB Isaish Pead in the 3rd.

Other then that. it's a great mock draft.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote