View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #11
Heinz Hitman
Water Boy

Member Number: 729
Default Re: Final cap # set at $120.6 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel95 View Post
Casey Hampton's cap # is $8M this year. He will turn 35 prior to the start of the 2012 Season too. I think that's way too high for a NT that only plays 2 downs; even playing two downs a series, it was clear how much of a step he had lost. Everybody has said the NT is the most important position in the 3-4, if that's the case, why hold onto am aging one that probably will not be ready for training camp or the season opener?
Amen. This is what I have been saying since the end of the season. They really should have gotten his heir apparent before now. The front office has really dropped the ball on this one, IMO. I think Dontari Poe is going to be the next Haloti Nata and would have loved for him to fall to us, but after his combine he could go in the top 10 now. So it will be interesting to see what they try to duct tape together for this upcoming season...