Old 03-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #28
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: Casey Hampton restructures contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60_MINUTES View Post
look dont take this the wrong way...and also I love the big boy to... Im fine with him coming back with a pay cut as a back up... but I got to tell you man... Im not sure what games you were watching last year but he was healthy last year.. NO ACL tear and the days of him chewing up double teams are gone... Me and my best bud would watch the games back just for fun and count how many times he was double teamed and it was only 2 or 3 a game.. Yes I know that sounds crazy but its true... and even worse he usually got blocked and drove off ball about 2 to 3 yards 50 percent of the time from the single team... I know you wont believe this but all I can say is go back and watch some of the games if you keep them recorded and just watch Hampon every play... it will blow your mind to see how much he has fallen off and thats without a Tore ACL...

Look I still got respect for him and yes one out of every 10 plays or so he will blow the center 5 yards back which is cool to see... he is also a team leader but bottom line if Hampton is anything more then a back up that gives us a few snaps here and there then I would be shocked... and if he does play full time we will get killed on the point of attack...

Dont rip me for it..go back and watch the tape and youll see it for yourself...
what were you watching? i record every game and just watched 2 to see if you were right and were not. i made it thru 2 games before i realized there was no point. I counted more then 2 or 3 and that was before halftime plus i couldnt see him on every play. as for McClendon, how many times was he doubled? like i said, Hampton is passed his prime but anyone who feels McClendon is the next great NT for the steelers is just insane. he weighs less then our ends and is less athletic then our last 2 NT's. we need a space eater to stop the run or at least someone who can push the pocket