View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #30
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 20464
Default Re: Casey Hampton restructures contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
what were you watching? i record every game and just watched 2 to see if you were right and were not. i made it thru 2 games before i realized there was no point. I counted more then 2 or 3 and that was before halftime plus i couldnt see him on every play. as for McClendon, how many times was he doubled? like i said, Hampton is passed his prime but anyone who feels McClendon is the next great NT for the steelers is just insane. he weighs less then our ends and is less athletic then our last 2 NT's. we need a space eater to stop the run or at least someone who can push the pocket

Well Im not sure what games you watched but most all the games I rewatch has him getting double teamed.. not more then a hand full of times every game...

you just said you watched two games til half time and he was doubled 2 to 3 times by half... do you think that is good??? most great NT should chew up a double team every play.. just like Hampton use to... and no Im not saying McClendon is the answer either Im just pointing out that Hampton has fell off pretty bad and for GOD sakes he is coming off ACL injury in Jan... come on guys how in the world do you think our overweight NT who is 35 36 years old will be any help at all this year

by the way Im not counting double teams on Passing plays.. just the running plays...

anyway the games I watch he is handled 75 percent of the time by a single team and is blocked well... Agaiin a 3 4 NT like Hampton was in his prime commands a double team every time
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote