Thread: Another Mock.
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default Re: Another Mock.

I think Hightower will be the best available and most teams picking from say 12-23 all could use interior O lineman so Glenn is probably gone.

The 2nd round is key to acquire a Guard if we want a day 1 starter. Zeitler, Osemele, Silatolu, Washington. We must get someone. If they start to go we should even trade up a bit to make sure. Would take Osemele as a Left Guard.

The 3rd round is where I think the Steelers would have to take Greg Childs if they want him. The guy is truly underrated except by scouts.

Markelle Martin would be nice in the 4th if going after Childs in round 3.

I won't rule out Datko but I think the Steelers like their tackles bigger unless they stumble across a blue chip Left Tackle in the top ten or something. I see a guy like Alex Hurst, OT, LSU Height: 6-6. Weight: 340. being more versatile to them as he can move around the line and dress on game days. Probably can be taken in the 5th-6th round as well and could end up being the starting G on the right side opposite hopefully Osemele.

Lots of questions on Akiem Hicks. From IQ to work ethic. Absolutely no numbers on the guy. Level of competition is weak. Too risky even for a 6th round pick. I actually think Nicolas Jean Baptiste who is getting no pub at all could very well be there at 5 or 6. Even Josh Chapman earlier might be an option.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote