Old 03-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #20
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,150 Times in 1,467 Posts
Default Re: A Case for Still

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
Oh I'm not saying we should draft him, but to imply Dontari Poe can play nose tackle anymore effectively than Devon Still is insane, media-driven garbage. Poe ends up on the ground consistently when trying to handle a one on one run block. He gets blown way off the ball everytime he is double teamed.

Still is much better suited for 43DT or 34DE, but he could handle nose if asked of him. I really don't know if Poe could even play the position without a year or two of coaching.

If you're looking at Poe as a 34 nose he shouldn't even have a first round grade on your board. He's a huge man but has very little functional strength.
Poe is that classic workout warrior for the combine setting that hasnt put the work on tape that you would like to see. Memphis played a 4-3 from what I remember, so the guy is gonna need a year of coaching at least to play zero. If he pans out at all. He is a gamble, but could pay off big time.

My point to this thread is that Devon Still is not best suited for NT, just as Ziggy Hood is not. So why draft another DE when you have Keisel, Hood, Heyward and Al Woods. Heck, Steve McClendon can play DE if needed too.