View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #62
Wallace108

Member Number:
Default Re: When is Ryan Clark going to shut up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
ryan has been spending the entire offseason either training in arizona or spending time with family. in addition to watching film, he has spent about every day of non mandatory off time focusing on the steelers. many people wish that harrison, keisel, hoke, and legursky not hunt. other people wish baron batch not paint with acrylics and spend so much time bashing characters of "The Walking Dead". people on this board would absolutely flip their lids and go bezerk if they realized the type of social lives players like ALL of our young o-line, CB's, wes saunders, william gay, and WR corps had.

saying these players need to shut it down to focus more on the steelers is kinda like saying we should shut this message board down so WE CAN ALL focus more on our jobs and families.
I wasn't suggesting that Ryan isn't properly preparing for next season. Of course players are allowed to do what they want away from football. But there's an old expression ... mind your own business. I didn't say that what he said was wrong or that he doesn't have a right to say it. But we got smacked by Tebow and the Broncos in the playoffs last season. I'd rather Ryan focus on the state of the Steelers rather than the state of the Dolphins. You're only as good as your last game. And in the last game, the Steelers, especially the defense, sucked. Just as he's making fun of the Dolphins, last January, the Steelers were the laughing-stock of the league after losing to Tebow. So like I said ... I'd prefer that he mind his own business and focus on winning No. 7.

In all honesty though, this is far from a big deal. But it gives us non-draftniks something to discuss during the offseason.

EDIT: Oh, one more thing ... you're a moron.