Old 03-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,318 Posts
Default Re: Mock draft w/ Wallace gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
yeah i like hightower but with teams passing wayyyy more now a days them big linebackers is maybe more of a thing in the passed ...so was thinking maybe he would be a liability in pass coverage over the years ...and i like bradham to be the ILB if Sylvester can't be that

so i took mike adams because lets think are really only line we have is pouncey ...and with gilbert being a second round last year ... our line for the future 10 yr's looks like LT, Adams, OG, Osemele C, Pouncey, OG, Brooks, RT, Gilbert ...use legursky as the backup guard and center ... that just was my thinking going into it but yeah maybe your right somebody different then adams in 1st round ...but i like 2 guards especially with our new OC that will want to run the a little more
I'm not opposed to your thought on Hightower. I think he shows he can drop in zone fine and has the straight line speed, but not the change of direction to play man. I'm actually a fan of James Michael Johnson from Nevada as an atheltic ILB in the 3rd or 4th round.

Adams just has too many red flags for me. He was suspended, but obviously never hit the weight room. He gets lazy in his technique a lot and gets beat in pass protection, then also is not a great run blocker. Look up Chris Williams who was a top 10 draft pick of the Bears from Vanderbilt 4 years ago.......scares me how similar they are as prospects.