View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,014 Times in 425 Posts
Default Re: So what happened to our team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
I haven't been able to pay close attention to everything that's been going on with roster changes lately but I'm having trouble keeping up. So far I understand Ward is gone, Mendenhall isnt going to be playing this year, from what it sounds like Wallace may not be a steeler this coming year, William gay is gone. Have we even filled any of these holes or are we counting on doing this in the draft? The draft should be dedicated to fixing our offensive line. I dont think it is completely necessary to keep Wallace, as good as he is we still have Antonio Brown, but if we don't keep wallace and we sure as hell better pick up a good running back somewhere because were going to have to turn back into a running team with ward and wallace gone (if wallace is in fact not going to be with us) To me it looks like we've unloaded a lot of guys and not picked anyone up, can someone fill me in on exactly what the hell is going on? thanks!
What's going on? This is the most severe year we've ever had when it comes to our money within' the salary cap. We are looking from the bottom, up. 120-some million in debt with the cap, most of our elite and core players were forced to restructure their contract's to help out with the salary cap and some old elite faces have retired.

Our top free agent and #1 priority Mike Wallace is in danger of signing with another football team, but due to his large asking price and our 1st round tender we hit him with, his new team would have to give him his pay day PLUS hand over their #1 draft pick in this upcoming draft.

That's where we stand. We will make NO moves in FA other than possibly cutting more players down the line to free up more space to look for immediate & future replacements in April.

As for replacing Gay, we had some significant movement last year with our corner positions. Keenan Lewis stepped up and showed he's finally ready for the big league's and Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen could make the jump to starter this upcoming season as well. Worst case scenario, they will offer some nastiness to our Nickel/Dime packages, as well as Special Teams play.