View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,922 Posts
Default Juron Criner AZ WR

2 years ago, the steelers drafted 2 relatively unknown suprise pick wr's who turned out to be pretty good.

one thing they had in common was their experience, combining for 600 receptions in their college careers.

this guy fits the mold of what we have been, and will be looking for in a wr. read what pat kirwan said about him yesterday on sirius (copywrighted so i cant cut n paste it all)-

Quote:
what if i told you there is a wr that at 6'3" 225 lbs and could jump 39 inch vert which in basketball terms means his elbows are above the rim. he has bigger hands than justin blackmon, and even though he had 209 receptions and 32 td's in his career is thought of as a 4th or 5th rounder because of his 40 time.
i heard this and immediately thought steeler's big guy and red zone threat. turns out the steelers took notice too.

read rest here and other reports on him as well- http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=wr

he improved on his 4.68 combine time at his pro day. several teams scouts, specifically the panthers and steelers didnt seem concerned and were heard marvelling at his phenominal body control.

link has youtube highlights.