View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 AM   #7
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default Re: 2012 Final Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalarin View Post
I disagree with you on Osemele and he has the look and ability to be a pulling guard and I haven't seen any tape that shows me otherwise. I strongly doubt a runningback will happen at all, but I certainly could see a CB. Runningback is thin as ever this year and Pead and Miller would be the only feasible options. In Redman I trust though with a little Batch and Dwyer sprinkled on top!
Just basing my opinion of Osemele on one source right now at cbssports.com that stated in him some negatives.

"Downfield: A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude. "

"Pulling/trapping: Wasn't asked to do much pulling at the college level. Struggles to be consistent blocking in motion and doesn't have the natural foot quickness to cover a lot of ground. "

The full analysis is here

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...elechi-osemele

and there really is a surprising amount of negatives under each category from penalties, lackadaisical play, to weight problems.

No doubt he would be a mauler at RG or RT but I must say he would not be the ideal athletic pulling G the team would need. Zeitler, Silatolu, & Brandon Brooks would all fit that bill a little better.

I"m hoping for a RT like a Massie or Schwartz in the 2nd and a Brandon Brooks or Brandon Washington in the 3rd scenario.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote