View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 13,858 Times in 5,699 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Usually I got no beef with Denver, but this year, I REALLY hope we pound them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Well we will be doing it without Clark again.

Harrison needs to reintroduce himself to Manning!
Peyton Manning hosts the Steelers in Sunday night opener on NBC

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 17, 2012

For the Steelers, this season will start where last season ended: In Denver. But the opposing quarterback will change.

Peyton Manning and the Broncos will host the Steelers on NBC’s Sunday Night Football in Week One, according to a report from Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

It’s no surprise that the Denver debut of Manning will be a nationally televised prime time game. Manning is the highest-profile free agent in NFL history, and there will be huge interest in seeing his first game with the Broncos.

For Steelers safety Ryan Clark, that will mean his 2012 season will start a week late: Clark has had health problems related to Denver’s altitude, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has insisted he won’t permit Clark to play in Denver.

The Steelers probably aren’t thrilled that they’ll have to return so quickly to Denver, the place where they had their hearts broken with Tim Tebow’s overtime touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas last season. And Manning’s presence means the fact that Tebow isn’t there anymore isn’t much consolation to the Steelers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...opener-on-nbc/
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote