View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,701 Posts
Default Re: If Hightower is available at 24, is he a no-brainer pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac151rum View Post
Kind of a tough question, because we don't know who else is available. If Cordy Glenn is still there, should we pick him? What about Mark Barron? And someone always falls, and in this case it might be Keuchly. If it comes down to a choice between Hightower, Adams, and Martin, with all of the above off the board along with the corners, I think its Hightower. But ya never know.
I dont think Glenn is a no brainer at #24, he might turn out to be a RT only and if that is the case, there are lots of guys later on to take like Mitchell Schwartz, to play RT.

If Jon Martin slides, I think he is a no brainer. Athletic, long arms, prototypical LT that needs a year or 2 before moving over there. Adams is another question mark to me. Has all the tools, but doesnt play like an elite prospect.

Hightower might be the equivalent of a Ford F-150 pickup. Going to be solid, but not fast or flashy, rather more versatile. Not a sexy pick, but should be a 2 down ILB or a possible bookend OLB to Woodley in a couple years. I agree, he's not a no brainer, but just a good football player.