Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 13,711 Times in 5,636 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: 24th pick: Cordy Glenn, Hightower and Worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
i think the first picks are pretty clear ... either Poe, Hightower , Bobby Massie, or Mike Adams

I highly doubt the Steelers will select a guy who tested positive for marijuana at the Combine two months ago...

Ohio State's Mike Adams might not slip in NFL draft

By Jason La Canfora
Published: April 19, 2012

Ohio State tackle Mike Adams tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine in February, according to league sources, but has been upfront with teams since learning of the result and might not slip that much because of it.

Interested teams have been in close contact with Adams, and have been impressed that he has already completed counseling.

The positive result will make him a moderate risk, and could result in him sliding to the second round, but other players with positive results in years past still have ended up in the first round. Adams has told people he was unaware of the positive result at the time of combine interviews, which is why he did not tell teams then.

Since then he has been forthright and league sources said he is viewed as a "good kid" who obviously made a mistake. The key for Adams will be learning from it.

Several teams said they were impressed with Adams during interviews with him.

Several teams picking late in the first round and early in the second round are in the market for offensive linemen in this draft.

Some teams that like Adams may be able to trade down and still get him. For players, falling into the second round could cost them about $300,000 a year, but, on the positive side, second-round contracts are for four years and not five, so players could get that second contract sooner.

Adams' representatives were not immediately available for comment.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...p-in-nfl-draft
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote