View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 AM   #1
GridIronKing34
Water Boy

Member Number: 24030
Default 2012 Steelers GM League Roster

Hey guys,

Every year I participate in a GM League where you take over a team and go through a trade period, a free agency period, and a 7 round draft. This year I had the opportunity to take over the Steelers. I went into the Steelers roster believing that they had very few holes; just needed some tweaking here and there. I revamped the team a bit more than I thought I would but it turned out to be pretty fun in the end.

I wound up trading for both DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin, but I lost both Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. I don't know about you guys but I believe Roethlisberger makes both Wallace and Brown overachieve (Wallace and Brown are both extremely good though) and I think he could get better production from the likes of Jackson and Maclin. I also acquired Early Doucet who would thrive in the slot with Jackson and Maclin on the outsides. The offensive line was a big re-build project as I invested my FA money mainly in that by signing DeMetrius Bell, Anthony Collins, and Chad Rinehart.

The defense was more tweaking but I wound up trading for LaDarius Webb because he is a top notch cornerback. I tried to keep the secondary mostly in tact because it was pretty good last year but I had to trade for Antoine Winfield because the asking price was way low. Adding the likes of Daryl Washington, Kamerion Wimbley, and Dan Williams to the front seven was a huge upgrade as well in my opinon.

Anways... below is the depth chart for my roster with how I acquired the player. If you have any questions, lemme know. I know this is very unrealistic but I figure it's some reading material other than draft smoke screens... If you're wondering, I am a Dolphins fan so I had to study up a bit on the Steelers roster so I'm sorry if I didn't retain a player you guys really liked.

OFFENSE
QB Ben Roethlisberger - Seneca Wallace (FA) - Jerrod Johnson
HB LeGarrette Blount (TRADE) - Isaac Redman - Donald Brown (TRADE) - Jonathan Dwyer
FB Tony Fiammetta (FA)
WR DeSean Jackson (TRADE) - Early Doucet (FA) - Ted Ginn Jr. (FA)
WR Jeremy Maclin (TRADE) - Emmanuel Sanders - Ted Ginn Jr.
TE Heath Miller - Martellus Bennett (FA) - Rhett Ellison (DRAFT-5.152)
LT Demetrius Bell (FA) - Marcus Gilbert
LG Richie Incognito (TRADE) - Brandon Brooks (DRAFT-3.92)
OC Maurkice Pouncey - Doug Legursky
RG Chad Rinehart (FA) - Willie Colon
RT Anthony Collins (FA) - Jeff Backus (FA)

DEFENSE
LE Ziggy Hood - Marcus Thomas (FA)
RE Brett Keisel - Cameron Heyward
NT Dan Williams (TRADE) - Alameda Ta'amu (DRAFT-2.63)
LOLB LaMarr Woodley - Manny Lawson (FA)
LILB Daryl Washington (TRADE) - Joe Mays (FA)
RILB Lawrence Timmons - DJ Smith (FA)
ROLB Kamerion Wimbley (FA) - Jason Worilds
CB Ike Taylor - Antoine Winfield (TRADE) - Cortez Allen
CB LaDarius Webb (TRADE) - Keenan Lewis - Josh Norman (DRAFT-4.120)
FS Ryan Clark - Ryan Mundy
SS Troy Polamalu - Christian Thompson (DRAFT-5.144)

SPECIAL TEAMS
K Steven Hauschka (FA)
P Jeremy Kapinos
KR Ted Ginn Jr.
PR DeSean Jackson
LS Greg Warren
GridIronKing34 is offline   Reply With Quote