View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,632 Posts
Default Greg Cosell Mock draft

Greg Cosell is the producer of NFL films and Producer of the NFL match up show with merrill and jaws. Needless to say, he watches alot of coaching tape and game film.

heres his interesting mock based on what he would do based on film study (not what he thinks teams will do).

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/04/23/c...ks-mock-draft/

Here it is Ė my first mock draft. A moment I will savor forever. Hereís how I am doing it: I will choose players based on my film study and my sense of team needs. I have no idea what different teams draft boards look like, nor will I try to speculate what a team might be thinking. The main objective of my mock is to further discuss the top players by putting them in a draft format. One other caveat: I am disregarding documented off-field problems, character issues, anything that is not a function of on-field play. I understand that teams significantly factor that into the equation, but I am solely basing my player evaluations on whatís on the tape. Thatís what I do. I watch tape.

Drum roll please . . . . .

teaser- he would take RGIII w/ 1st pick.

24. Pittsburgh: The Steelers select one of my favorite players to watch on tape, Wisconsin guard Kevin Zeitler. Guard is clearly a position of need for Pittsburgh. Iím sure many will disagree, but I believe Zeitler is a better athlete than DeCastro. He has quick and active feet that allowed him to be very effective in the zone run game. He squared up well as a puller in the power run game, showing strength on contact. Zeitler was not as purely physical and nasty as DeCastro, but I saw a more athletic and complete OG.