View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,564 Times in 3,985 Posts
Default Re: Greg Cosell Mock draft

hell, i could pretty much do the research and come up with a mock draft that would rival what ed bouchette will come out with on thursday. he is no rick gosselin. also peter king admits he doesnt even really watch much college football. he mocks based on info learned (or cribbed) from others.

big difference from the likes of gil brandt who releases his top 100 prospects and routinely has 95+ going in the first 100 selections.

if teams view zeiter as a sure fire 10 year starter with pro bowl potential he will be drafted accordingly regardless of where the draft "gurus" have him ranked. the steelers make it a business of drafting these type of players in the first. thats how mendenhall gets drafted above the high risk/high reward types such as chris johnson. same reason they would pass on the likes of pac man jones.

all teh draftnicks had high grades on justin smith and aaron curry three years ago. if you take a look back on that draft now, 8 of the 12 first picks are pretty much busts. ziggy hood will be entering his first season as a starter and should be ready to prove himself as a worthy starter for the rest of a long career. peria jerry drafted by atlanta was ranked much higher and has done much less.