View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,792 Times in 3,690 Posts
Default Re: NFL Concussion lawsuits

the dialogue in this thread is 1 of many things that makes this forum so great. i think its a perfect microcosm of the discussions the nfl/players' big boys are having on both sides of the table right now.

i agree that thsi is very much like the tobacco lawsuits. i also agree that the big coproration was most likely sweeping the inevitable truth under the rug for as long as they could (wheter it be intentional or out of denial).

if the players didnt know taking too many knocks on the noggin was detrimental to their health, they probably werent the sharpest tools in the shed to begin with. then again, nobody ever accused dexter manley of being a rocket scientist. im sure the league capitalized on this mentality of ignorance that prevailed. when it comes to billion dolla industries, those with the least "brains" will always be the last to know.

its gonna be very interesting to see how this all plays out, and even once there is (if there is) a resolution, who is to say it is the right one? the workmans comp/OSHA angle definitely seems to be the wildcard in the players hand, cause i think the nfl and big $$$ comes out on top with theirs.