View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #19
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585
Default Re: Jonathan Vilma sues Roger Goodell

Saints LB Vilma wants evidence of Bountygate as reports of bounty ledger emerge

Quote:
Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma said yesterday to NFL.com that he asked commissioner Roger Goodell for evidence of his involvement in the alleged bounty program, later dubbed 'Bountygate', that had been in place in the New Orleans locker room since former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams joined the team in 2009. Williams earlier joined the St. Louis Rams as defensive coordinator under new head coach Jeff Fisher; however, he was suspended indefinitely by the league in the wake of the bounty investigations.

Vilma was also suspended for the entire duration of the 2012 NFL season by the commissioner for his alleged involvement in the Bountygate scandal. Vilma claimed that the commissioner would not share evidence with him, to which he responded, “how can I defend myself if I don’t know what I’m defending against?”

Meanwhile, reports are surfacing of hardcopy documentation of the implementation of the bounties today. Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports, in an exclusive story, writes that the NFL “has a copy of a ‘ledger’ that was kept detailing weekly earnings for players in the New Orleans Saints bounty system”. He also notes that ledger “points to the fact that players were told on a week-by-week basis of their performance” while noting that it kept track of money earned for “whacks and “cart-offs” in addition to money lost for “mental errors”.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote