Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,994 Times in 4,664 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Ziggy Hood drastically improves explosiveness

by Teresa Varley - Steelers.com
June 7, 2012

Defensive end Ziggy Hood prides himself on being the strongest player on the team, but this year he is also focusing on speed and agility, working with a personal trainer during the offseason to improve in those areas.|

I sat back and evaluated myself after the season, said Hood. I found out I play better when I feel good. When I dont feel good, I dont play as well. I went back and watched all of the tape, saw what I did positive and negative. I thought what better way to help my speed and agility is to lose body fat so that is what I have been focusing on. When you feel sluggish, you are not in the best shape. You can be big and lean and still do the job correctly. If you feel good, you feel better.

Hood has been wearing a six-pound weighted vest during OTAs, something he picked up his rookie year after watching James Harrison do the same thing.

I have been doing it ever since to keep my body in shape, said Hood. It makes you better, faster so when you come to training camp it will make you better. Its all about speed and technique right now. I am going to do what I do and try to stay fast.

Its a new prototype (of defensive linemen). All that big and looking sloppy is out the window. We come in here and we are sexy now.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...a-0e21d6ef5f04