View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 03:56 AM   #45
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585
Default Re: Miami Heat- Good Job...Good effort.

Okay, that one was an exaggeration, but they undeniably have had significant contributions from acquisitions under Phil Jackson, like Shaq, Ron Harper, Robert Horry (how many game winners did he hit anyway?), Rick Fox, Horace Grant, Ron Artest, Shannon Brown, Pau Gasol, Mbenga, Lamar Odom...I mean, I can go on. And there's just as many bench warmers that fill the role guys like Juwan Howard are filling for the Heat now. A lot of the more recent Lakers teams are made up more of acquired players than guys they drafted. Now that I think of it, the Heat probably have as many players that they first drafted or signed than those Jackson Lakers teams: Dwayne Wade, Mario Chalmers, Udonis Haslem, Joel Anthony, Norris Cole, Dexter Pittman, Terrel Harris...that's 7 out of 15 that have never played for another team. The 2000 Lakers technically have 9 out of 15 players that they didn't draft. 2 they acquired their rights either on draft day or soon after, so the Lakers were the first team they ultimately played for. But there's also A.C. Green, who was originally on the Lakers, then spent years on other teams, and then finally came back and won. So depending on how you classify those last 3 guys, the 2000 Lakers championship team had anywhere between 7 and 10 'acquired' players.

Last edited by Steelersfan87; 06-16-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote