Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927
Default Re: Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksfan View Post
nice dodge.
That wasn't a dodge Hicks. It was disrespect. 2200+ posts say that I'll cross swords with anybody, on any subject.

Mr Wallace here readily grasps the simple point I was making, and expands on it very nicely. My point is simply that history is repeating itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
The way most Americans view homosexuality today isn't the way it used to be viewed. There was a time in our society when homosexuality was viewed no differently than pedophilia. I'm not suggesting a link between the two. I'm just saying that both were viewed as disgusting, immoral, and just wrong by the standards of our society. Homosexuality is now viewed as "normal" by most Americans because we've become desensitized to it.

Nothing about the act itself changed. What changed is how we view it. And that change didn't happen overnight, or in 5 years. It took years and years of groups pushing for it to be normalized and for us to become desensitized to it. And now most of us accept it as normal. Fifty years ago, if any of us would have suggested that by 2012, homosexuality would largely be viewed as normal, we would have been called crazy.
Bulls eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
As Vincent has pointed out, there are already groups who are pushing for the normalization of pedophilia, just as there were groups pushing for the normalization of homosexuality. And if you don't think that underage children are already starting to be sexualized in our society and that to some degree we're already starting to become desensitized to it, then you haven't been paying attention. Right now, it's impossible for any of us to accept the idea of pedophilia being viewed as "normal." But it has been viewed as normal in other societies. And there was a time when no one would have thought it possible for homosexuality to be viewed as normal.
Exactly. IMHO, we're about 5-10 years out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Vincent's initial post in the thread tossed this chum into the water.
Vincent's initial post was unambiguously "Where is the line between the homosexual rape of a child and them merely being a "couple"?" The responses hovered around consent.

If Jerry's Kids had consented, would there have been the furor?

As this society moves toward acceptance of pedophilia and the Sanduskys of the world are freer to operate, more will be drawn in. It's self-proliferating.

Its interesting that this Sandusky affair was cloistered within academia, isn't it? There are some that fear that this isn't even the tip of the iceberg. Can you imagine the furor if its breadth were known? I can see why academia would want to push that envelop a little.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote