View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #55
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Miami Heat- Good Job...Good effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
I don't know, I'm kind of thinking the Heat had at least a little bit to do with the last three games. It's not always the case that when the team you're pulling for loses, it's because they beat themselves, where you secretly know that they should have won. Miami is a damn good team who's depth is sometimes underrated, and I do feel that they won this game more than OKC lost it. The way that they completely erased a 17 point deficit in less than a quarter was very impressive. And they won the critical 3rd quarter by 7 points, turning a 3 point halftime deficit into a 4 point lead entering the final frame. And they made most of the clutch plays and the hustle plays all night. Maybe they don't have a James Harden coming off the bench (which admittedly, he has not been at his best during this series; but that is also partially due to the fact that Miami is one of the best defensive teams in the league), but Norris Cole and Udonis Haslem are not too bad. And when Mario Chalmers is on his game, like he finally was tonight (TWELVE points in the 4th I believe? Thanks for showing up), the Heat are really tough to beat. Which, by the way, now that I bring up Chalmers, I do recall two non-calls against him that could have gone the Thunder's way.

I almost wish I wasn't a fan of either team, because this would be an amazing series to watch without a dog in the race. Although if it wasn't Miami or the Knicks, I'd be rooting for the Thunder to win anyway. I understand perfectly why so many people like them, including Steelers fans in particular. It's impossible not to like them, although Westbrook gets on my nerves sometimes. I haven't seen anybody so lethal on the jumper on a given night like he was tonight in years though, I'll give him that. Although he also had that lovely rim rejection on a dunk attempt. And Harden had that horrible botched gimme layup.

Pardon the thought-spew above.

I hear what you are saying and i agree with you....Miami have played pretty well this series and LeBron (whom i do NOT like), i will admit, has been fabulous.

But even with that....the Thunder have been right there in each of the losses and in a world where they played like they did the entire year, they win at least two, if not all, of those games.
- the refs have been horrible with most of the benefit going to the Heat (note i said most, not all...but they have made some critical bad and "non" calls against the Thunder that should never have been called). Its been SO bad, that even Tim Legler was on this morning, making a very stern point about this, which is unusual for him, as he's usually pretty balanced
-Its been the Westbrook and Durant show. Only. No one else is even showing up. Where the $#!*@! is James Harden and what the hell is he doing out there? He's usually "money" and a pure-shooter and he's not hitting nothing, taking bad shots, etc. Best comment i heard last night after the game was (i think it was Stephen A. Smith) say Harden should come out of the showers and apologize to the entire team.
-the lack of hustle aside from Westbrook and Durant. There have been numerous transitions where the Thunder are half-heartedly jogging down to the otherside while Miami is driving right past them. In one instance, Westbrook scores a layup last night, then makes it down to play defense and he was the first one down there back to the other side...HOW the hell does that happen??????

Very frustrating and unfortunately, i hate to say this, but it just looks like Miami WANTS it more.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote