View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #58
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,306 Times in 650 Posts
Default Re: Miami Heat- Good Job...Good effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Agreed. The Thunder definitely have some issues to work on if they hope to make it back to their home city with a chance for the title still intact. I'm actually quite surprised at their poor rebounding, which the Heat struggled with last year against bigger or more physical teams. But even with Ibaka, Perkins, and Collison on the floor, the Heat have been outrebounding in the last 3 games, in large part thanks to Bosh (how big has he been making 'winning plays', as Van Gundy would say) and James. Despite how well the Thunder are capable of hitting the jump shots, they are better when they are not forced into playing that game, and the Heat have for the most part done a pretty good job forcing their hand in that regard. Westbrook almost singlehandedly made them pay though, admittedly. I think another big factor in the last 3 games has been the Heat cleaning up their own transition defense, which was a struggle for them early in the series.
Bosh has been big, but I dont see the intensity by OKC in wanting to get to the boards. Perkins, Ibaka, Collison dont have much of a low post game, so its up to the jump shooters. That has always been OKC weakness.

Heat are first to the rebounds and I dont know the stats, but I bet Battier is outrebounding most of the Thunder big men. While the Heat looked sluggish on the glass and in transition vs the Celtics........the Thunder look like that vs the heat.

Not a big fan of James move to south beach and needing to join Wade to win a title, but it appears that neither of them might be this far if it wasnt for the play of Bosh the past couple weeks.