View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Thunder coach Brooks' concludes season with class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
I can't take anybody seriously that thinks this guy should not be retained. Both he and Erik Spoelstra are among some of the brightest young(ish) minds in the game right now as far as I'm concerned, and their accomplishments should not be overshadowed by the talent that their teams possess. Brooks is one of the most likable guys in the league to boot.

I like Brooks but man....he has a bad case of LeBeau-ism. He won't make ANY adjustments.
You could see the series going down the tubes and i figured major changes were on the way. Nope. Mark Cuban was on First Take the day after and was explaining how Dallas beat them last year by making major zone defensive changes because they knew Miami plays the exact same way on offense all the time without change and that they could stop them. They never deviate from the "pat riley" way. Brooks, on the other hand seemed to be MIA and his team looked like they were border-line loafing in games 3, 4, AND 5.

Watching game 5, one immediate thought came into my head over and OVER. This team could really use a Doc Rivers type of coach, a true alpha male leader with unreal smarts for adjustment, change, and motivation.
I'm on the fence about Brooks........but its clear to me, he's not the "genius" the media prematurely made him out to be.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote