tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,366 Times in 4,304 Posts
Default Re: Thunder coach Brooks' concludes season with class

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Thats true, although they didn't use Perkins efficiently (as pointed out numerous times by the announcing crew) and they barely seemed to make any adjustments.
If the that series showed me anything (or any other team in the NBA watching), it showed how NOT to play the Miami Heat lol
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ok...-playoffs.html

Quote:
MIAMI Oklahoma City center Kendrick Perkins played with a partially torn groin in the final three rounds of the playoffs, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Perkins mobility was severely limited in the NBA Finals after suffering the injury in Game 4 of the Thunder's opening-round sweep of the Dallas Mavericks.

For the playoffs, Perkins averaged 4.7 points and 6.2 rebounds in 20 games. Considered one of the top post defenders in the league, Perkins struggled to jump and move laterally in the Finals against Miami.

i guess its pretty easy to blame a coach for a good player's injury.

anyways... i love brooks classy exit from teh playoffs and the message he sent to his YOUNG team. this team could very well win more than lebrons 2-8 and i will be cheering them on every step of the way (hopefully with brooks as the coach).