SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Jordan Staal turns down 10 year deal from the Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Go get Parise!......interesting...throwing in Martin in a Suter trade too?

If Nashville wants to add other players on July 1, it will be hard to identify which types of players without knowing the Predators’ salary structure.

This is not to say the Predators should cut ties with Suter and move on. He’s a core player and arguably the best player available on the market. But you have to wonder what will happen if Plan B becomes a reality.

For example, Penguins defenseman Paul Martin could be part of this situation. He’s a bit overpaid at $5 million, which is not exactly a great number if you’re Nashville. But according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review he is a candidate for a trade. Martin, 31, is the type of player who could benefit from a change of scenery. And while he may cost a lot in terms of money, the Predators could get him on a salary dumping situation.

The Penguins are reportedly clearing cap space for a run at Zach Parise and potentially Suter. Pens General Manager Ray Shero and Poile were seen talking multiple times at the NHL draft last weekend. They also have some history, with Shero being a former assistant general manager with the Predators.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...ation-updated/
I'd almost rather them get Suter instead of Parise. Both would be fantastic of course, but I feel our greater need is on defense. We've got people that can score with Sid and Geno, and decent wingers can be picked up...Suter though would be a huge upgrade.