MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,486 Times in 1,513 Posts
Default Re: Gas prices plunge: Beware what you wish for

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
I think I heard that demand was down here and in china, partially because manufacturing, importing/exporting is down.
Any how it's not because of anything the government's done.
i'm sure it is... but imports / exports are also based on supply and demand. if americans don't have money to spend at walmart because they just put every penny they had in the gas tank , naturally china's manufacturing and exports take a hit.
so now gas prices and the economy have turned into the chicken / egg controversy.
what i don't get is why the gas / economy connection wasn't a topic of conversation 15 , 20 ,30 years ago when fuel prices were manageable and wasn't a big issue ?
common sense dictates that high fuel prices equals higher prices on EVERYTHING . the more we spend on one thing the less we have to spend on another. how could that not effect the economy ? i'd rather spend $50 a week supporting local single mothers at the strip club but i can't now because 40 of that 50 now goes in the gas tank to get to work.. ...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 06-28-2012 at 06:24 PM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote