Old 07-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #18
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: Steelers, Mike Wallace continue to make progress on new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Very informative all though I still don't completely understand it. Im not sure if a deal that on the high side would be $40 mil with the guaranteed money paid out in smaller payments will be enough to get Wallace for 5 years. IMO the Vincent Jackson deal gave Wallace a credible argument for more money. Of course a FO like ours doesn't "have to" match what any other team pays anybody else, but I would think that Wallace would at least be asking for the amount that Vincent Jackson got, as Wallace is a MUCH better WR IMO. Reading this article gave me a pretty good idea on where we stand with the salary cap right now, and unfortunately I am less confident now that the FO will reach a deal with Wallace, but somehow they always work wonders so all is not lost with the Wallace situation.
There is no way Wallace is better than Vincent Jackson. Jackson goes up and fights for loose balls and comes down with them. That is the major problem I have with Wallace is that he is soft when it comes to jump balls on imperfect passes. He doesn't fight for them mostly because he is too small. He does not deserve Jackson type money.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote