Old 07-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #26
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Sick
Default Re: Steelers, Mike Wallace continue to make progress on new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
I'm a fan of Wallace but am getting tired of all this talk. I have gone on record before as saying if he doesn't want to be here , ;let him go preferably by trade. Wallace is a good young receiver and he will be a value to us if he has his head on straight, but until he shows he can beat the double coverage on a regular basis he is just another guy with great speed. Brown had a great second half of the season last year because Mike was double teamed, Wallace fell off, because of those same double teams. If Mike wants to show how great he is and get the big money he needs to get in camp, learn the new O, and learn to defeat the constant double teams he is going to see. The Steelers showed good faith by giving the tender they did and then NOT reducing it June 15 like they cold have done. Wallace needs to show the same good faith and sign his tender and report to camp and work on his new deal , which I believe would come easier if he signs the tender and reports.
Wallace has stated he wants to be here, but he wants to get the best contract he can get. I think it will get done in less than 2 weeks.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote