Originally Posted by Dodens Grav
Holding out a few days isn't really much of a big deal. We all knew this was a fairly likely possibility. Maybe he just wanted to confirm that the Steelers would cut off negotiations if he didn't show up. Now he knows. I suspect he'll be in camp by next week at some point.
I wish that I shared your optimism, brother.
Did I miss something? When did the Steelers state that they would cut off negotiations, if Wallace didn't report??? Then...BLAMO!!! they cut off negotiations. What!?!
While it is their right (& to a degree, expected), to me, it still seems like a "bully" move (that came out of nowhere).
Because, now... I expect Wallace to play hardball, and not report until he gets a new contract.
Why not just continue negotiations???... & have faith that a deal will get done soon. I know, I know: the flip side is that Wallace could simply report & have faith that a deal will get done soon.
I just don't like this. Again, I know that the Steelers hold a few trump cards, and maybe they "had" to play one of them (to make a point)... but, I fear a huge stand-off.