Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,481 Posts
Default Re: Shooting at Batman movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Here's your opportunism ....Obama is using it to come and take everyone's guns...

Obama Calls For Government Action On Guns In The Wake Of Colorado Shooting

Five days after a gunman killed 12 people in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater, President Obama spoke at length about the need for government action to reduce gun violence, including hinting at a return to the assault weapons ban and tightening restrictions on gun purchases.

On Capitol Hill, gun control has been a non-starter in the wake of the Colorado shooting. Mitt Romney said in an interview Wednesday that he didn’t see the need for new firearms regulations following the tragedy.

Obama distinguished himself Wednesday in a speech before the National Urban League convention in New Orleans. The president tied Aurora shooting and other high-profile mass shootings in recent years to continuing urban gun violence and said it was time to take greater legislative steps to curb the problem.

“I, like most Americans, believe that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual the right to bear arms,” Obama said. “But I also believe that a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals — that they belong on the battlefields of war and not on the streets of our cities.”

“What I said in the wake of Tucson was that we were going to stay on this persistently. So we’ve been able to take some actions on our own, recognizing that it’s not always easy to get things through Congress these days,” Obama said.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/20...r-colorado.php

-----------------------

he just jumped in it with both feet
It's not playing politics if the law is proposed is to prevent the actual thing that happened. That's the way laws work (when ALEC isn't involved) See a problem - address the problem if you can.

What Obama didn't do is try to be funny about mass murder like the asshole who made the pic you posted.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote