In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,078 Times in 2,099 Posts
My Mood: Innocent
Default Training camp updates

Morning work valuable

Posted by Teresa Varley on July 26, 2012 1:55 pm

The Steelers took to the field for the first time on Thursday morning for a walk-thru, something that veteran guard Willie Colon said is more valuable than ever this year with the new offense and him switching positions.
The morning session is good for us, slowing it down and getting the install, said Colon. It slows everything down. We walk-thru, see schemes. We are playing a lot of 4-3 defenses this year so it gives us a chance to see how they operate.
Its a good time for guys like me learning a new position. Its going to help us.
Even though the team has not had a practice in pads yet, Colon does like what he sees from the offensive line, especially the depth.
The key to anything is depth, said Colon. I think we have great depth this year. Its only going to help us. We are excited. That is the key to going far.
I am happy we have everyone locked and loaded. Any time you have aspirations of going far you need depth. Guys go down left and right and now guys are ready to go.

Keisel ready to see what young players can do

Posted by Teresa Varley on July 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Defensive end Brett Keisel is looking forward to the first training camp practice, when the speed picks up and the team gets their first real look at what young players are capable of.
I am very excited, said Keisel. We have a young group of guys coming in here. This is where you define your team and figure out who is going to help you win games throughout the season. You dont know what guys are capable of until they put on the pads and go full speed. It will be interesting to see who steps up and makes plays.
Keisel, who is in his 11th training camp, has advice for the young players.
You cant slow down, said Keisel. Yu have to work your tail off every day. Nothing is going to be given to you. You only get so many reps and its what you do with those reps that decide if you are going to make this team or not.
Camp practices will give Keisel and the defensive line a true feeling of what rookie offensive linemen David DeCastro and Mike Adams are capable of.
We have seen what they do with a college uniform on, said Keisel, Lets see what they do with a Steelers uniform on.

http://blog.steelers.com/

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote