Old 08-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #123
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,395 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Shooting at Batman movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
So wars are only wars when party A declares war on party B? Are the killed and maimed aware of this? Does party B need to return the gesture? If neither party declares war, is it a war? Did we declare war on Great Britain in what we call our "Revolutionary War"? Did they declare war on us?

Is the muslim brotherhood, as a caliphate, declaring jihad on us any different than Venezuela declaring war on us, other than Venezuela's inability to carry it out?

You don't have the vaguest clue what is going on in the world, do you? Don't feel bad. Few do.
Call it whatever you want, a group of extremists vowing to destroy something does not equal one nation going to war or battle with the other. That's a group of people making threats, and it doesn't hold for ALL of the people in that group. Again, we're talking about a religion/idea here, not a nation. The 'war on terrorism' is not the same as WWII. It is an unwinnable 'war' because it's basically fighting a shared idea, and not a nations army. You'd think people would have figured that out by now.

If the muslim brotherhood does indeed win as many seats as they want in Egypt, and then attack America...then no, there isn't any difference to Venezuela declaring war on us.

And yes, I know what's going on in the world today...I just choose not to gobble up every piece of propaganda I come across as holy scripture and spew it out the other end.

Still, you have not answered how arms could effectively be kept out US muslims hands.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote