View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #22
Wallace108

Member Number:
Default Re: Sikhs express shock after shootings at Wisconsin temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Now that that's out of the way, Wally posted a thought over at SX that I didn't even think of and that's the fact that these two shootings (Colorado and Wisconsin) are being presented in very different manners. Holmes was never referred to as a domestic terrorist (at least not in anything that I've read), but Page was immediately labeled one. This goes back to my mentioning of war vets being listed as possible domestic terrorists. Mainstream media wasted no time in magnifying that. Just kind of odd if you ask me.
Yeah, I'm not suggesting anything, I just find it odd how the two stories were presented. In the Colorado shooting, everyone waited until the details came out (well, except for those who instantly and incorrectly labeled Holmes as a tea-party member). But there was no mention of domestic terrorism. The Wisconsin shooting was labeled domestic terrorism right from the beginning. By way of comparison, it took the government and media forever to label the Fort Hood shooting as an act of terrorism (which it was). I don't know what all that means ... I just find it odd.