Old 08-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #23
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Sikhs express shock after shootings at Wisconsin temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
Yeah, I'm not suggesting anything, I just find it odd how the two stories were presented. In the Colorado shooting, everyone waited until the details came out (well, except for those who instantly and incorrectly labeled Holmes as a tea-party member). But there was no mention of domestic terrorism. The Wisconsin shooting was labeled domestic terrorism right from the beginning. By way of comparison, it took the government and media forever to label the Fort Hood shooting as an act of terrorism (which it was). I don't know what all that means ... I just find it odd.
That's how I took your comment there as well. This was labeled domestic terrorism even before a description of the shooter came out, let alone a name and the fact that he had tattoos. I just thought that was odd as well.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote