Old 08-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #27
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Sikhs express shock after shootings at Wisconsin temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
domestic terrorism - terrorism practiced in your own country against your own people; "the 1995 bombing of a federal building in Oklahoma City was an instance of domestic terrorism"
act of terrorism, terrorism, terrorist act - the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear

Can you not see how the Sikh shooting could fit this definition while the Batman shooting could not?

Ummm...I guess, I'm just saying that I too think it was odd that it was called domestic terrorism before any name, description, or motive was released.

And are you saying there's no way that someone could shoot up a movie theater as a way to attain goals that are ideological in nature (how broad stretching is that term?) by instilling fear? Kind of seems like it could to me, you could apply that to almost anything.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote