Old 05-20-2006, 04:11 PM   #18
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Can`t think of anyone standing in our way. KC needs some defense but I`m tired of hearing next year from them. NE has not forgot how to lose. With Brady there anythingis possible. not meaning to sound biased though, we really have a strong chance to repeat. We have running and passing, we have a great defense. And dman good sp. We lost nothing really, nothing!
I see one team standing in our way and its the Pittsburgh Steelers. Only way we don't make it back to the Super Bowl is if we beat ourselves. Or if we have major injury problems. I really like the makup of this team. Ben is going into his third year. The third year is really the year when a QB really takes off.

Ben already has a Super Bowl ring. The first one is always the hardest in my eyes. Willie Parker and Heath Miller both have a year of starting under their belts. The Oline has had year to play with each other. Last year Max Starks was a first time starter. Kendall Simmons was coming back from injury and struggled to retune his game at first. I expect our Oline to be even better this year. The added speed we have now on offense and special teams. I expect to see alot more fireworks from the offense and special teams this upcoming season.

On defense we lost Kimo and Hope. But Brett Keisel is ready to be a starter and I wouldn't be suprised if Brett nets 7-8 sacks this year. He had three as a backup last year. The LB is still intack and remains one of the best in the NFL. Porter and Haggans netted 19.5 sacks between them last year. James Farrior and Larry Foote are solid inside. James Harrison is the super sub of the group. Andre Frazier showed he had some skills last year.

The secondary even with the loss of Hope will continue to be better. Ike Taylor and Troy Polamalu continued to improve. Troy is already one of the NFL's best. Taylor showed he could be a really good corner in this league. Byrant McFadden had a good rookie year and I expect improvement from him. Townsend is back and is still a really good player as well. Ricardo Colclough could make that third year jump like Ike did last year. If that happend the Steelers secondary could be one of the NFL's best.

But our special teams really could be awesome this year. Both kickers are back and will do a solid job like always. But Willie Reid should show that we won't miss El at all on punt returns. Plus Holmes can return also. There is going to be some major fireworks from the special teams this year. Plus Anthony Smith our rookie safety will play on special teams. Smith blocked 6 kicks in his college career. I'm making a bet that Smith blocks a kick or two this year.

Sorry about the novel. But I just watched my Super Bowl XL DVD earlier today and it really got me pumped for some Steelers football.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote