View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13033
Default Re: Cleveland Browns may actually turn into a threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
The injury bug has them every year... or so goes the excuse. The Browns will continue to suck for the foreseeable future. Holmgren's last chance was - maybe - was firing Shurmur and coaching the team himself. I say maybe because who knows if Holmgren still has what it takes. Shurmur, however, is definitely in over his head.

So this year they will suck yet again, then both he and Holmgren will be gone. Then Haslam has his excuse to hire his own guy and start the entire process of high-priced suckitude all over again. Conceivably he gleaned a few things from the Rooneys while he was here, but I think the jinx that is the Mistake on the Lake overpowers everything else.
Unless Haslam collects a Front Office that understands the word "stability", learns that stable NFL franchises build through the draft - and then, teach the kids your system, and unless they actually build a system, an identity... then they will continue to flounder, indefinitely.

Good franchises develop a philosophy, and draft, teach and coach that philosophy repetitively. Poor franchises are always trying to buy their way into success, through free agents, high-profile coaches, etc.

Cleveland is still finding its way. I don't see much hope for the foreseeable future, unless Haslam develops a plan, and an identity - then gains a FO and a coaching staff that will use the draft to put the plan into action.
SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor is offline   Reply With Quote